Are you waking up in the middle of the night itching and have red welts on your body. You might be the victim of bed bug infestation. You can have large welts that fade away in a few days. The following are symptoms:
1. Itchiness while sleeping.
2. Localized swelling of the areas of bites.
3. Blisters around the bites.
4. Blood stains on the sheets where you sleep.
5. Dark spots or stains on the mattress.
The effects of these bites on people can vary from person to person. Typical symptoms are welts and swelling that are more itchy and longer-lasting than mosquito bites. Some people, can have little or no reaction to these bites. Everyone is different.
The first thing you need to do is a visual inspection in your area plus any adjoining areas. It is important to know the extent of the Bed Bug infestation. It is important to know how far this infestation has moved. You need to checks beds, bedding, baseboard/carpet edges, furniture such as nightstands and dressers, upholstered furniture such as couches and chairs, walls and ceilings, clothing, and appliances. They can hide in all these area.
Everyone always asks this question: "What Causes This To Happen?" Bed Bugs will likely start out in a hotel you stayed at recently. They will hide in your clothing, bedding and luggage that you bring home with you. It is no ones fault, they just move to areas where they can feed on humans or animals. They subsist on blood.
You can help stop them by doing the following:
1. Wash all bedding using hot water.
2. Clean the entire area surfaces thoroughly
3. Encase the mattress and box springs in a mattress encasement.
4. If they are under the carpet, the odds are you will have to replace the carpet. You can then thoroughly clean the area under the carpeted area.
5. Check your shoes.
If the problem is out of control, it is important that you call a professional pest control company. They will take care of the problem after a careful examination to see the extent of bed bug infestation.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us or visit our website.